New Jersey SOS Business Entity And Corporation Search
The business corporation registry is the recorder of every business and corporate entities that are incorporated in the state. The registry has all the filing and regulatory information stored in it which has given it the shape of a database. The various types of entities that have their information stored in the registry are as follows:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
New Jersey Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of New Jersey facilitates an online business entity search tool that lets you search the database for any entity that is headquartered in the state. The type of search that can be done are as follows:
- Business Name
- Entity ID
- Principal Name
- Registered Agent
- Associated Name
Below is a step by step guidelines on how to use the New Jersey business search page.
1. The first step is accessing the New Jersey business search page by clicking here. On this page, click the "Business Entity Name Search" link, as shown in the screenshot below.
2. The next page shows what you can search businesses by, either by name, keyword search or Entity ID. For this example we are going to search by name, so go ahead and click the "Business Name" link, as show in the screenshot below.
3. On the next page, there is a text field called "Business Name". In this example type in the name "CardCash". From there click the "Search" button, as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Once you click the "Search" button, it will display a list of results that match your search criteria. the results they display the name of the business, the Entity ID, type and incorporated date. It appears at this time, the system does not allow you to go any further. You cannot view the details of any of the business entities found in the search results. As show in the screenshot below.
Information on Secretary of State New Jersey
The Secretary of State of New Jersey is the constitutional office in the US state New Jersey. The Secretary of State of New Jersey oversees the duties of the Department of State of New Jersey which is the original office of the state. The current Secretary of State of New Jersey is Kim Guadagno.
The Secretary of State of New Jersey is the guardian of the Great Seal of the State. Apart from this, the New Jersey Secretary of State is the regulatory body for the state archives and is the keeper of the public records. The various divisions where the Secretary of State of New Jersey plays a significant role are as follows:
- Business and Commercial Division
- Elections Division
- Council on Arts
- The Historic Commission
- The State Planning Commission