Nevada SOS Business Entity And Corporation Search
The Commercial Recordings Division of the Nevada Secretary of State deals with the filing and authorization of business entities in the state. Every incorporation in Nevada is recorded by the Division. The entities that can be incorporated in Nevada are as follows:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
Nevada Business Entity Search
The Secretary of State of Nevada facilitates an online search tool for finding registered business entities in the state. You can use the online search tool, provided you have one of the following credentials handy with you:
- Business Name
- Business Number
- NV Business ID
- Office Name
- Registered Agent Name
Below is a step by step guidelines on how to use the Nevada business search page.
1. The first step is to access the Nevada business search page by clicking here. The page looks similar to the screenshot below.
2. For this example, choose the option "Entity Name" for the "Search by" drop down field. In the text field, type in the name "Janet". From there you can decide how to show the search results by selecting from the "Sort by" field and the order you want to view the results, either in descending or ascending order. You can also have the option to include phonetic matches.
There is a question mark button next to the include phonetic matches, click that if you want to learn more about this option. For this example, leave these fields with the default option and click the "Search" button, as referenced in the screenshot below.
3. Click on the "Search" button and the Results Page will soon appear (as shown in the screenshot below). The results are based on relevance.
4. Click on an entity name to get further details for a business entity including status, type, qualifying status, entity number, etc. (see the screenshot below for reference).
Information on Nevada Secretary of State
The Secretary of State of Nevada is one of the highest constitutional offices in the state of Nevada. It is a statewide-elected office created by the Constitution of Nevada. The present Secretary of State of Nevada is Barbara Cegavske, a Republican who was elected in 2015. Cegavske was preceded by Ross Miller who served the office from 2007 to 2015.
The Secretary of State of Nevada holds custody of the Seal of the State and is authorized to use it to authenticate and attest public documents. She is also the keeper of the public archives and public records. The Nevada Secretary of State heads the following divisions in the state:
- The Election Division
- The Commercial Recording Division
- The Securities Division
- The Notary Division
- The Operations Division