South Dakota SOS Business Entity And Corporation Search
The Business Corporation registry is maintained by the Business Services division of the South Dakota Secretary of State. Along with filing and registering of business entities and corporate in the state, it also has a well maintained record of every detail of every entity that is registered with the Secretary of State of South Dakota. The database has information regarding the following types of corporations in the state:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
South Dakota Business Entity Search
The online business entity search tool provided by the Secretary of State of South Dakota lets you search the database for any of the business entities that are incorporated in South Dakota. First of all to begin your search, you need to know at least one of the following:
- Corporate Name
- Corporate Identity
- Entity Details
- Registered Agent
Below is a step by step guidelines on how to use the South Dakota business search tool.
1. the first step is to access the South Dakota business search page by clicking here. The search page looks similar to the screenshot below.
2. The business search form allows you to search by name and business ID. They also give you the option to search only active entities and search by name that starts with or contains. For this example we will be searching by name. In the "Search Name" field type "Dakota" and then select "Starts With". Leave the rest of the fields as is and then click the "Search" button as shown in the screenshot below.
3. When you click the "Search" button, it will show you a list of results that match your search criteria. It displays the business ID, type, name, name type, status, filing date and status for each business entity listed. To view the details of a business entity, click their business ID as shown in the screenshot below.
4. When you click the business ID of one of the results listed, it will take you to the details for that business entity. It will display the business ID, type, status, term of duration, filing date etc. You can see the details page in the screenshot below.
You can get a certificate of good standing by ordering for the same for a small fee. There are also facilities to fine online reports for a company. You can also do online filing to set up a new company or entity in South Dakota.
Information on Secretary of State South Dakota
The Secretary of State of South Dakota is an elected constitutional officer in the US state of South Dakota. It is an executive position which looks after the various matters of the state. The current Secretary of State of South Dakota is Shantel Crabs who replaced the previous incumbent Jason Gant.
The Secretary of State of South Dakota is responsible for maintaining the public documents. He also registers state lobbyists and administers rules and policies to corporations. The various divisions of the state which the Secretary of State of South Dakota serves are as follows:
- Business Services Division
- Administrative Division
- Elections Division