Ohio SOS Business Entity And Corporation Search
Beside registering business entities and corporations in the state, the Business Services Division of the Ohio Secretary of State also maintains a database where the details of every corporate entity registered with the Ohio Secretary of State is recorded. The filing and authorization details are also stored in the database for reference. The Business Services Division has details recorded for the following types of corporate entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Foreign Entities
Ohio Business Entity Search
With the online registered business entity search tool facilitated by the Secretary of State of Ohio, you can search the database for any registered corporate entity in the state. For your search to continue, you need to have the at least one of the following information handy with you:
- Business Name
- Business Status
- Entity Type
Below is a step by step guidelines on how to use the Ohio business search tool.
1. The first step is to access the Ohio business search page by clicking here. The page looks similar to the screenshot below:
2. The business search form allows you to search by the name of the business. There are other options on the left side menu that can help narrow down your search including searching by the exact business name, search by business number, agent etc. But for this example we will use the default search option and search by name. For the "Business Name" text field type in "Diebold" and then click the "Search" button as illustrated in the screenshot below.
3. Once you click the "Search" button a list of business entities that match your search criteria will appear on the page and include information for each business found including their entity number, status, type, location, filing date, expiry, agent name etc. The results page would appear similar to the screenshot shown below.
4. Once you click the entity number for the business you want to see, the system will now show you the details for that business entity, as shown in the screenshot below.
Information on Secretary of State Ohio
The Secretary of State of Ohio is an elected constitutional office within the state of Ohio. The term of office of the Ohio Secretary of State is four years (with a two-term limit). Presently, the Secretary of State of Ohio is Jon A. Husted.
The Ohio Secretary of State is responsible for a broad set of responsibilities. He administers public rules and oversees the public affairs of the state. He is also the chief of the Elections Division of the state. The Secretary of State of Ohio is the person in charge for registering and authorizing entities to open business in the state.